Saturday, June 20, 2015

Performance improvements

I realized that it was the creating of the index lists that was taking the longest time. I broke that portion out into a separate function, so I can bypass it and use existing index lists when creating new HTMLs. That way I can iterate quickly on creating modified HTMLs, like if I wanted to add more info to the marker mouse over (I've currently added the description).

I'm running into an old issue though - some files have too many markers, which seems to break Google Maps. HTML files around 2MB have just over 10,000 markers, and these don't open. The biggest files have 5.1MB, which have over 26,000 markers.

Not sure what to do about this. I can turn on the 10K limiter again, but then my results aren't "truth".

On the bright side the results do look good. At a cursory glance at some of the marker's descriptions, they seem to match up with the right time slot... maybe? Look at monday time slot 33, then look at the markers. Shouldn't time slot 33 be like 8:15 am? Looks like the markers are for like 7-730am.

Looking at some more data, some of it seems clearly wrong. Gotta revisit how I'm picking the indexes.

UPDATE

Figured out the issue with the "except" regex. Now re running, starting all the way back from "skipParse". Let's check it out in the morning.

No comments:

Post a Comment