Tuesday, June 23, 2015

Fixing errors

My logic for comparing start times and end times was funky. I cleaned it up to be much simpler, and now the times seem to match up correctly with the file names.

I noticed that "except Sunday"s were not working. I'd look at a map of Sunday, and see a bunch of parking signs that were supposed to invalid on that day. I looked at some code but it isn't obvious what the problem is.

Starting writing unit tests to address both these problems. They're great - they provide a nice amount of reassurance that the code works. They're also great for debugging, especially when tweaking regular expressions to get them just right.

Something seems up with getting the "except" regex. Seems like it should be obvious, since the simplest case of "except sunday" doesn't pass. Could be in the actual function, could be in the regex, could be a mistake in calling the wrong thing somewhere (wires crossed).

UPDATE

Figured out the "except" regex error. Now I'm re running the pipeline, and starting all the way back at "skipParse". I need all those intermediary steps which take care of getting the valid days.

No comments:

Post a Comment