Wednesday, August 12, 2015

Data precision vastly improved

Since my last post I found many instances of  incorrect data. I won't go into too much detail, but here are the highlights:
  1. Mouse over fusion tips seemed to be showing or causing incorrect data points to be displayed, disagreeing with the radio buttons. I turned them off for now, and instead rely on the pop up bubbles for information.
    1. Turns out you can select the ordering of the columns, which effectively determines what comes up in the pop up bubble. There must be a way to select which fields to show here, but for now this works fine.
  2. Some data points were showing incorrect data. It turned out to be an issue with how I was calling the parser. I didn't realize some parking descriptions had multiple sentences. The parser was treating the subsequent sentences of a description as the next description, so the data became misaligned with the descriptions after this point. Fixed by adding a new annotator option when calling the parser.
    1. I initially thought it was related to times that were of the "11pm to 3am' flavor. It wasn't, but my code wasn't handling this case anyway, so I added it in.
At this point all the days and times seem to be displaying correctly corresponding to the descriptions.

What I'd like to do now is determine whether a sign says you can park somewhere, or it says you can't. I can display the differences via red and green dots. 

I'm going on my vacation soon. I want to keep working on this but I don't know if I'll be able to. Perhaps I shouldn't, even if I could. Debating taking my laptop with me on this trip.

No comments:

Post a Comment