Monday, September 7, 2015

Viewable prototype

I finally feel comfortable showing my app. It's here: moretouching.com/parking

Currently the radio buttons control the day and time. Loading the page sets the correct values by the current time. Wanted to add new buttons to distinguish between no parking versus parking allowed. I tried doing this by the SQL query filtering, with something like this:

other stuff.. AND (no_parking='true' OR no_standing='true' OR no_stopping='true').

It wouldn't work. I spent about a day trying to figure out what was wrong. Turns out, Google Fusion Tables don't support the OR operator. That would've been useful information, anywhere in their documentation. I had to find out by looking at some Stack Overflow posts. (maybe there's a way to work around it using IN?)

As a work around I'm adding a new field called noParkingAll. Kind of clunky, but it's late and I'm distracted. Also makes me regret the no_parking style I went with earlier.

On a different note, I found some examples of using different colored dots for different types of points. Certainly something I'll want to do, with green and red dots. Maybe some orange and yellow in the future.

No comments:

Post a Comment