Thursday, November 5, 2015

Making my iOS app

My project was selected as one of the finalists in the Hack The Beach competition. As such I will continue working on it until the winner is chosen. The next logical step was to create an actual mobile app. I chose iOS because it's my preferred platform.

I initially dabbled in embedding a Google Maps view into the app. But after playing around, it just seemed a lot easier and more straightforward to use Apple Maps.

Through a mix of Youtube videos, Lynda.com tutorials and various online posts, I've gotten a simple app running. It displays a map, finds the user's location (after asking for permission), and plots a single parking point on the map.

Next, I want to plot all the points. There's probably a way to read a CSV or JSON file into the app.

No comments:

Post a Comment