Wednesday, July 15, 2015

Depression

http://www.wsj.com/articles/entrepreneur-finds-profitable-niche-parking-spaces-1414965251

So here's the guy who made Smooth Parking.

I've looked at the page's source code, and I think I know how he did it. I'm impressed he did all that honestly.

I'm very upset. At this moment I'm trying to build something that already exists, and is very good. Granted, my ultimate goal is to bring this to Los Angeles. However, I felt like I needed this NYC version to have some success to convince the city of LA to help me with this endeavor. Now, I feel that I have no shot at it. How can I compete with an already existing, well functioning, multi platform (both Android and iOS) version of something I haven't even made yet?

I feel like I've thrown away the past six months on this endeavor.

Some of the smallest silver linings:

The app doesn't seem popular. Why? I'd use it.
The aforementioned article was written in Nov 2014. He registered his domain in 2011. According to his LinkedIn, he started the company in mid 2012. It tells me that its taken years to get this thing off the ground.

---
I went for a walk. Had a lot of thoughts in my head. Also took a bit of time off to play some Hearthstone. I feel much better. I think I can make a pretty good web interface. Let's start there.

No comments:

Post a Comment